In less than 2 weeks from now I shall be attempting and ironman length triathlon! A 4k swim, a 180km cycle followed by a 42km run. A very scary thought considering I am not back in the UK yet.
This is not an official sponsorship request- merely and extra incentive to make a donation the The Hucklebury Foundation in return for me wearing a branded T-Shirt of your choice.
I am merely joining this epic event for the last few legs. Today (5th May) Duncan Hewson and his brother Adam are travelling around the whole of the UK doing and ironman length triathlon every day for 12 days. I am joining them for the glory legs at the end!
For more info see: www.bigsocietyrelay.org/
- By the time I join them on the final day the event should have picked up quite a bit of media attention – particularly as the event finishes at the Olympic Park. We have interest from the BBC.
- You will have the rights to all the photos (that I can get my hands on) to use for marketing. Perhaps some good content for a motivational blog post or something for a company magazine or other marketing material.
- The more you donate the more I will shout about you on my website/social media etc!
- If you would like me to wear a T-Shirt with your company logo then please just send me an email (email@example.com) with your offer (min £50). Its a closed bid! I will only expect one offer who will get the whole garment to use at their disposal.
- If you have a nylon T-Shirt with your logo’s then great, send me that otherwise send me a logo and I can have one made up.
The event is already underway. I run on 16th May. Deadline for bids on 11th May which gives us time to get it printed.
If you would like to make a donation then please visit my Charity Giving Page
Following the Event
Duncan is updateing his twitter through out the next 12 days @duncanhewson
I shall update my twitter during my race on 16th May @grahammilton1
About the Huckleberry Foundation
More more info please see the Huckleberry Foundation website
The Event Ethos
This is the route that the whole event takes. My route starts in Tonbridge. We Swim in the River Wey and the Marathon starts in Bushy Park and finished at the Olympic Park.
View BSR 2012 – Full route map in a larger map
Please do pass this post on to anyone who you think would be interested.